cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Mailboxe restore Error

________o
Level 4

Hi

i configured GRT for Exchange 2010 and I backup Information store successfully but when I try restore mail under mailbox  job failed with status MS-Exchange-Server policy restore error(2810)

job details status :

4/4/2012 12:55:44 PM - begin Restore
4/4/2012 12:55:48 PM - restoring image bap-s-mbx1_1333372227
4/4/2012 12:55:49 PM - Info bprd(pid=2664) Restoring from copy 1 of image created 04/02/12 15:10:27
4/4/2012 12:59:35 PM - restored image bap-s-mbx1_1333372227 - (can't connect to client(58)); restore time 00:03:47
4/4/2012 12:59:40 PM - end Restore; elapsed time: 00:03:56
MS-Exchange-Server policy restore error(2810)

12 REPLIES 12

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you completed the Distributed Application Restore Mapping section in the Master Servers Host properties

Also please give us more information ... NBU version and patch level, make up of your DAG, where you are running the restore from (Master of client), what you have specified as the target for the restore

And also any logs you have created on Master, Media and clients (bpcd, tar, bpresolver etc.)

We need a bit more info to get going on this one

Thanks

________o
Level 4

I have completed the Distributed Application Restore Mapping section as attached in pic2

my NBU version 7.5 under windows 2008 R2

I  run restore job from master server and try from media (mailboxe server)

more detalis:

I have 2 exhange 2010 server DAG  (bap-s-mbx1 and bap-s-mbx2)

and 2 servers clusters each one has a  Hub and cas installed on them (bap-s-HC1 and bap-s- HC2) and VIRTUAL-NAME-OF- them (bap-s-HC) with another ip and dns record

I configured GRT Backup for mbx1 without using  DAG Option in microsoft exchange attributes under exchange backup policy and the backup job for information store which was completed succssfully and when i tried restoring mail item under user mailbox I faced the problem above.

I noticed  that when i run a restore job  in job overview client (or client tab) it shows name of VIRTUAL-NAME-OF-CAS and HUB ( bap-s-HC)  and in media server tab it shows mailboxe server  name bap-s-mbx1 ( media server) as shown in the attached image pic.

the question here is it normal for the name of the VIRTUAL-NAME-OF-CAS and HUB ( bap-s-HC)to appeare in job overview client tab in opposition of the bap-s-mbx1(mailbox server) which should appeare.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Do all of your servers have NetBackup clients installed (HUB / CAS / MBX) and do they all have the NetBackup Client Service and NetBackup Client Legacy Network Service set to use a suitable exchange admin account?

________o
Level 4

yes HUB and CAS (installed in the same server)  have  netbackup client  and mbx  have netbackup media server

NetBackup client service and netbackup client legacy network service started with admin account was created for Netbackup

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - set up some logging to try and see what is actually happening here then. Set these up and then try the restore again then post the logs:

On the CAS / MBX Servers
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\beds
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpcd
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\ncfgre
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\nbfsd
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\ncflbc
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpresolver
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\tar

On the media server
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpbrm
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bptm
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\nbfsd

on the master server
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bprd

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

One other thing i read somewhere is that you should only select one backup image (little green orb) in the BAR GUI before trying the restore - so try that as well

________o
Level 4

sorry i can't understand what you mean?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When you open the Backup,Archive, and Restore console to do a restore you will see lots of dates that the back took place

By default it tends to have automatically selected several date for the restore to come from

What i am saying is to select on one date - in the GUI these usually show up as green balls atthe top of the screen - depends on your view

________o
Level 4

Yes I got it. But I am already do your recommendation I try restore from full backup (one date)

________o
Level 4

any updates about my case

aly_farouk
Level 4
I have the same issue here...typically!!! but the attached is a part of the bprd log from the master server.. Any help aprreciated :)

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create NO.Restrictions touch (empty) file under media server /netbackup/db/config

remove any suffix (e.g. txt etc.)

What does bpclntcmd says

Are NBU Services running on Exchange server

Just have a quick glance on below silent video check if you are missing anything .there is pre-requisites doc attached as well

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/exchange-2010-sp2-grt-netbackup-75