cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular backup -> random mailboxes ?

vilhena
Level 4

Hello.

I have 6 policies which backup 6 Storage groups of mailboxes (exchange server 2007), a policy for each storage group, with granular recovery enabled in all of them.

Today I tried to recover the "Sent Items" folder of a mailbox. I see the mailbox, but when I select it, I can't see the subfolders in it. But there are other mailboxes in which I can see the subfolders and contents. But there are also other mailboxes that have the same behaviour: I select them and I can't see the content :\  So it seems like netbackup randomly selects the mailboxes to backup.

Has anyone had this scenario?

Can anyone explain me what is happening here?

Thanks for the attention.

Regards,

Vilhena

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you running multiple datastreams? Are all the streams exiting with a 0? Maybe some got 1 and some 0, which would explain why you can't browse some mailboxes. You might find that the ones you can and cannot browse are in the same storage groups...

vilhena
Level 4

Yes, I use multiple data streams but in the activity monitor, all of them ended with status 0, I've seen the details, and the only "odd" thing is this:

21/Mai/2011 10:00:38 - Info bpbrm (pid=32483) from client my-mbxcluster: TRV - NFS timeout value (10) is lower than recommended for NetBackup GRT.

But I doubt that this is related to what's happening!

Regards,
Vilhena

Ric_Fernandes
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Is this problem resolved? I have the same problem. 

vilhena
Level 4

Nop.

I've opened a service request in symantec in order to solve this, but untill now, no answer. The problem persists.

Regards,

Vilhena