cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I check out which policy use a tape for backup

HowardYu
Level 4

Dear all, as title, I've lots of policies, I set backup weekly, however, a policy activated then caught a media to backup, I'd like to know which one and re-define the policy backup window.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think the information is also available in the Catalog part of the GUI. And probably in one of the reports too

Assume you don't have the job in the activity monitor anymore, else the essasiest way would have to look in the job details

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think the information is also available in the Catalog part of the GUI. And probably in one of the reports too

Assume you don't have the job in the activity monitor anymore, else the essasiest way would have to look in the job details

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Howard,

I don't understand what you need exactly but you can use bpimagelist to see which images are located on which media (client or policy perspective), conversly you can use bpimmedia to see which images contain  which images (media centric perspective).

PLease let us know the goal of the exercise, why do you want to update / change your policy?

Marianne
Level 6

You can check Images on Media report for that media id.

The policy and client name will be in the report.

HowardYu
Level 4

Thanks all, I guest it might this is what i need, however I'm still not familiar with bpimagelist command, GUI is better. I assume the backupID is xxx_14066....

RiaanBadenhorst

Yes that is correct.

Marianne
Level 6

Your question was: "which policy use a tape for backup"

Have you tried 'Images on Media" report?