cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the destination client for a restore in the version 6 client? I can select any source but the destination is greyed out.

ash122
Level 2
How do I change the destination client for a restore in the version 6 client?   I can select any source but the destination is greyed out.

i cant able to select client destination its all greyed out
3 REPLIES 3

rjrumfelt
Level 6
I know that in the past, when I have seen the destination host greyed out, it has been because the capitalization of the master server hostname I entered was incorrect.  Don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but it is something very quick and easy to check.

Anonymous
Not applicable
DOCUMENTATION: Possible reasons why the Destination Client tab is grayed out in the NetBackup Admin...

Checking/manually editing the bp.conf or registry might fix this.
Restart NB client service.

Anonymous
Not applicable
BAR GUI: Destination Client to Restore field greyed out
Most likely reason for this is that the Netbackup client name is not listed in the Server list.
ie make sure there is an corresponding entry for the NetBackup client name in the Servers to use list:-

File/Netbackup Client Properties > Client name = File/Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Types > Server to use for backups and restore

Also Do not mix FQDN with NFQDM client names - keep to a strict regime of naming for each client and stick with it.