cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Migrate Netbackup Master/media Server to one physical machine to another with same OS

Moaz_Anjum
Level 2
Partner

Dear All,

I need to move the master server from current machine to another machine, kindly recommend a solution considering below facts:

• Master server contains all NBU roles (it is the only server NBU in my backup environment) on the this machine.
  • Current machine is Dell’s r720 rack mount server with Dell’s tape library attached to it directly via FC, master server is running on windows server 2012 r2 64bit
  • The Second machine to which i need to migrate is Dell’s T5400 tower server with a functional FC card attached, windows server 2012 r2 64bit installed.
  • I will keep the same computer name, IP address of master server as current master server.

Kindly help ASAP.

Regards,

Moaz Anjum

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can use this TN to migrate to new hardware:

Using catalog backup and recovery to transfer NetBackup catalogs between Windows master servers as part of a hardware refresh
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041076

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Were you able to migrate or did you see any notable issues during migration ?

Moaz_Anjum
Level 2
Partner

Sorry for being late

I have this activity schduled on comming Tuesday 16th feb 2016.

I will give update as soon as I get it done or have any issue doing this.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Just another 2c from my side; I prefer to use USB drive as DSU for catalog backup for this kind of migration. Copy DR-file to USB drive as well. After catalog backup, connect USB drive to same drive letter on new server for catalog restore.