cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SQL agent jobs for Full and archive Log backups via Netbackup 7.1.0.4

oshanyk
Level 1

We are currently trying to migrate to Netbackup's SQL agent for backups.  The way we have it setup is a different policy for full and archive logs which is invoked by the dbbackup.exe from the client.  Netbackup does not schedule backups for this.  The problem that my DB is running into is when the archive log is running and then the full kicks off it fails.  In 7.1.0.4 you can't have more than 1 job running.  I would like to know how people setup this in their environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

All of my customers have a policy for logs and a different one (well 2 or 3) for database backups.

They are all scheduled with windows that do not clash because, as you say SQL will not allow more than one operation - that includes SQL maintenance ruuning also

The reason they have several database backups is thet the jobs retention period is taken from the default application schedule and not the one that you create yourelf - so if you need different retentions you need different polcies

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

All of my customers have a policy for logs and a different one (well 2 or 3) for database backups.

They are all scheduled with windows that do not clash because, as you say SQL will not allow more than one operation - that includes SQL maintenance ruuning also

The reason they have several database backups is thet the jobs retention period is taken from the default application schedule and not the one that you create yourelf - so if you need different retentions you need different polcies

Hope this helps