cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend Activity monitor List in NBU

Altria92
Level 4

Is there a way to retain jobs listed in Activity Monitor?

I am running Win2k8 with NBU 7.0

I seen an article mentioning bpconf, but this is for UNIX.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

R_Lindkvist
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Yes, it is!

Details in NetBackup 7.0 Administrator's Guide I on page 700 (Retaining job information in the database)

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/340105.pdf

/Rikard

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

R_Lindkvist
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Yes, it is!

Details in NetBackup 7.0 Administrator's Guide I on page 700 (Retaining job information in the database)

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/340105.pdf

/Rikard

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

To change the default values on a permanent basis, use the following method to add new registry key(s) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\

CurrentVersion\Config

To add the key(s) safely, run the following commands. For example:

install_path\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\
    echo KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig

Where 192 is the number of hours that unsuccessful jobs are kept in the jobs database or Activity Monitor display.

For example, run:

echo KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig

Where 192 is the number of hours that successful jobs are kept in the jobs database or Activity Monitor display.

Consider the following notes when changing the default:

• The default values for KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS and KEEP_JOBS_HOURS is 78 hours.

• The retention period values are measured against the time the job ended.

• Information about successful jobs cannot be kept longer than information about unsuccessful jobs. If KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS is greater than KEEP_JOBS_HOURS, bpdbjobs sets KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS to equal KEEP_JOBS_HOURS.

• If KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS is set to 0, bpjobd uses the KEEP_JOBS_HOURS bpdbjobs value instead for successful jobs.

If the KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS value is greater than 0 but less than KEEP_JOBS_HOURS, KEEP_JOBS_HOURS is used for unsuccessful jobs only. 

Altria92
Level 4

Thanks everyone....exactly what I was looking for!