cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import backup images of one master from Data Domain to other master

Bharath_Achar1
Level 2

Hi All,

I need a procedure to import backup images of master server A from Data Domain A-B to Master server B.

Data Domain is shared across Master server A & B.

Especially I'm looking for importing Database backup images of one Db2 client which is of size 20 TB. 

Normal backup image import will not help.

Regards,

Bharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified
Did you add the LSU/disk pool of source data to the destination master server.... If not...you need to configure the LSU of data domain that is holding the source data in to destination master as disk pool...NOTE-do not create storage unit. Once you created the disk pool, you should be able to see the disk pool in gui- catalog under import.. Then run the. Phase1 import as normal import process... Once phase 1 is done you can select the images that you need to run for phase 2 and do the import. Let us know how it goes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified
Did you add the LSU/disk pool of source data to the destination master server.... If not...you need to configure the LSU of data domain that is holding the source data in to destination master as disk pool...NOTE-do not create storage unit. Once you created the disk pool, you should be able to see the disk pool in gui- catalog under import.. Then run the. Phase1 import as normal import process... Once phase 1 is done you can select the images that you need to run for phase 2 and do the import. Let us know how it goes

Bharath_Achar1
Level 2

Awesome apears to work for me. thanks Ram for your quick help.