cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resubmit an AIR replication

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sometimes, an AIR duplication between two NetBackup domains may have been forgotten or canceled (due to errors).

Is there some way to submit again an AIR replication, when the original SLP duplication is missing or lost ?

3 REPLIES 3

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well, under normal circumstances, the images that should be duplicated remain in the SLP queue until successful. If a job fails, it will retry later. Only when you manually cancel an image in the SLP queue itself will ju have lost the duplication.

I'm not sure you can actually manually do an AIR replication outside a SLP job. So I can't answer you there...

/A

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

If AIR forgot to duplicate something, then this is something you should have Symantec look into.

However if you cancel a SLP AIR duplication, it will run again as SLP will not mark that job complete until it is done duplicating the job.

If you did however use nbstlutil to cancel the job, then it out of SLP and cannot be ran again.  You will need to run a new backup.

That is my understanding of SLP/AIR

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, I agree with you, but I can discover that there are errors in SLP, or that copies have been lost on the DR site (due to hardware error, disaster or user error !).

When SLP duplicates between two media servers of the same domain, I can use Vault to restore the situation... but with AIR, there is no similar  tool ?