cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Import job take a long time

smuharrem
Level 2

Hello All,

We have production site and disaster site. We use datadomain and duplicate some backups via SLP on Netbackup 7.1.0.1 (Windows server 2008 R2). There is a master server on our disaster site that the same OS version. Phase 1 initiate import completed but Phase 2 import job took a long time. I am taking  3 hours of backup but phase2 import job taking 10 hours. I am doing them on the gui interface. How can check this?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smuharrem
Level 2

I changed strategy. I restored my catalog backup for disaster site and then added  ALT_RESTORE_COPY_NUMBER file under the ...veritas/netbackup directory. I wrote the copy number to use as a single line of text within this file. I started the restore. I will use this method.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Phase2 import usually take long time... 

and it is depends on the number of images, and number of files.. mulitplexing vaule etc.

i did see the situations were Phase 2 took 24+ to compleate it.. 

so as look as its not reporting any errors in job detail status or in Results tab in import windows.. i would suggest you to wait for it..  :)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The dedupe backup with OST media server sharing dedupe operations on production site will result in faster backups. You have none of this at DR site, so you can expect that import will take much longer.

You may want to have a look at latest DD software that supports AIR with NBU 7.5.x.

See http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/white-papers/h7296-data-domain-boost-openstorage-wp.pdf

smuharrem
Level 2

I changed strategy. I restored my catalog backup for disaster site and then added  ALT_RESTORE_COPY_NUMBER file under the ...veritas/netbackup directory. I wrote the copy number to use as a single line of text within this file. I started the restore. I will use this method.