cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMS encryption

SARA_8
Level 4

Hello

I’m using KMS encryption for my backup. Everything is configured fine but The backup failed with an error “Encryption unavailable for an ENCR_mypool”

I found out that I have to change encryption method on my IBM library  to Application-Mangled Encryption

I’m wondering if  there is  any requirements or impact on my enviroment after I change it to Application-Mangled Encryption

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

so its just like a new KMS configuration for your..

and you need to make sure that the Application-Mangled Encryption (AME) is turned on in Tape Library end in addition to your regualr configurations.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jim_dalton
Level 6

Mangled? Surely Managed?

Most likely a question that needs an answer from IBM but someone here may have experience.

What is it set to currently ie do you use any encryption from any other source eg the library?

Do your drives conform to T10 spec for encryption?

Jim 

SARA_8
Level 4

its a typo .. i meant  application managed

currently encryption method on the library is set to None

tape drives are LTO4 and have encryption feature

RamNagalla

does the tape library have any Encrypted tapes by the hardware encriptions? or all are new tapes?

SARA_8
Level 4

no encryption done before on the tapes

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

no encryption done before on the tapes

Weird.....

I have configued the Netbackup KMS on my master server with one pool ENCR_volume backups run fine encrypted and encryption tag is shown. the problem is that I  cannot not see the following files (in the below directory or any other directory) which should be generated..... 

RamNagalla

so its just like a new KMS configuration for your..

and you need to make sure that the Application-Mangled Encryption (AME) is turned on in Tape Library end in addition to your regualr configurations.

SARA_8
Level 4

its on different master on a different library  wiht different tape drives  in different site