cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Name = DEFAULT

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

We had a tape library (3494) that was taken down while Netbackup was processing, and new microcode was put on the library and the drives.   When it came back up, of course Netbackup could not connect to it.  We deleted the library, and went through the wizard to rediscover and configure it.  It kept comimg back as a libray name of DEFAULT, and not 3494 which is the library type.   We had to eventually,  remove the library again, and redefine it manually in tpconfig, Then run tpautoconf -a to get the library configured correctly.   Does anyone know why the name DEFAULT kept comimng up as the library name ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I suspect from the library itself.

I amnot too sure where you were seeing the wrong name, was this in the wizard ?

Try this, from the robot control host, run tpconfig -d

Make a note of the path to the library.  Then, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scsi_command -r <path to library>

Example

(From tpconfig -d)   TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg2

root@nbmedia00 robots $ /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scsi_command -d /dev/sg2
Inquiry data: removable dev type 8h STK     L700            550V

For your library, do you get a name back ?

At the end of the day, this was working, you change the firmwar on the library and then it doesn't work - the only thing changed was the firmware.

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I suspect from the library itself.

I amnot too sure where you were seeing the wrong name, was this in the wizard ?

Try this, from the robot control host, run tpconfig -d

Make a note of the path to the library.  Then, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scsi_command -r <path to library>

Example

(From tpconfig -d)   TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg2

root@nbmedia00 robots $ /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scsi_command -d /dev/sg2
Inquiry data: removable dev type 8h STK     L700            550V

For your library, do you get a name back ?

At the end of the day, this was working, you change the firmwar on the library and then it doesn't work - the only thing changed was the firmware.

Martin

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for your response.   The library is a TLH library  Just trying to understand what happened.   We got the library back, howbeit we had to add it via tpconfig and tpautoconf.   Thanks for your help again