cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux LiveUpdate Installation

oezkan
Level 4

Hello

I can'tInstall the LiveUpdate Option on a Linux REDHAT 5 System, I always receive the

errormessage: LiveUpdateis not installed, skipping registration step...

can anyone helpme for solve this problem?

bye

Oezkan 

The following automatic startup and shutdown scripts(respectively)

have been installed. They will cause the NetBackup client daemons

to be automatically shut down and restarted each timethe system boots.

/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S95nbclient

/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S95nbclient

/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S95nbclient

/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K01nbclient

/etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K01nbclient

/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K01nbclient

Starting nbftclnt...

LiveUpdate is not installed, skipping registrationstep... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Any reason you couldn't go old school and use our install/update-a-client command line scripts as needed?  They're pretty well documented in the Installation Guide:

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux 
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/290199

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Supergoof
Level 4
As far as I can see in the installation Guide for Win & Linux you need the "NetBackup Options CD" but I don't know where you can find this CD.
I have the same issue as I'm upgrading our NIX servers with updated clients.

I have checked the NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS(1-3).tar.gz where I would assume to find it but without luck.

CRZ
Level 6
"UnixOptions" or "NB_65_UnixOptions"

Creative, I know.  ;)

Supergoof
Level 4
ahh, yes. I found it.

Is there a way to pack a certain client and the LiveUpdate Agent in a smaller package? We deploy allmost solely through our LAN and I'd like a smaller NetBackup Client package to transfer over the network.

CRZ
Level 6
Any reason you couldn't go old school and use our install/update-a-client command line scripts as needed?  They're pretty well documented in the Installation Guide:

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux 
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/290199

Supergoof
Level 4
Our NetBackup servers all run on Windows 2003 so I don't think I can push out NIX clients from them. Could i push out from a NIX server not running NetBackup?

CRZ
Level 6
But so long as the servers can talk to each other, I believe it's still possible.  (Anyone is free to shout me down or agree with me at this point!)

You shouldn't need any special license to install all of the clients you might need on one particular server, from which you could then use the scripts to push 'em out.  You could also apply the appropriate "CLT" release update as needed, once, to that server and then use it to update all of your clients.  Do check out the installation guide for more about using ssh or ftp to install/update clients.