cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ent server license is same as my Ent client license which i needs to add on my san media server?

zoan_nbu
Level 4

Hi All,

i have enterprise server license on my master server.(NBU ENT SERVER)

Now from where I can get  my ENT CLIENT LICENSE  for creating SAN media servers?

My ent server license is same as my Ent client license which i needs to add on my san media server?

NBU 7.1

LINUX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Only if you have Capacity license you will have one single license for all licensed features. Here you will add the same license on Master, all Media and SAN Media servers. If you have per server license you will clearly see different license keys on your license key certificate(s) for Enterprise Server and Enterprise Client. As per above advice - if you have further licensing questions, you need to contact Customer Care.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

how you are saying that ent server license is same as my Ent client license ?

where did you verrify it? do you find it in active linces keys list of featrures or in LIncece certificate that you got ?

you would need to this about the licencing with the Symatec Licenseing team about getting new licesse

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please contact Customer Care for licensing questions.

http://customersupport.symantec.com/

zoan_nbu
Level 4

i am asking whether ent server license is same as ent client license?( or both are different with different license number)

where i get my ent client license?

RamNagalla
Those can be added in single license or given as different keys...that is the reason I was asking if you look into the license certificate...which explines this...If you are not sure about this only way to get in thouch with licencing team...

RamNagalla
Those can be added in single license or given as different keys...that is the reason I was asking if you look into the license certificate...which explines this...If you are not sure about this only way to get in thouch with licencing team...

zoan_nbu
Level 4

si if they are added as a single license then both (ent server and ent client ) should be same?

zoan_nbu
Level 4

Can anyone please help me on this?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Only if you have Capacity license you will have one single license for all licensed features. Here you will add the same license on Master, all Media and SAN Media servers. If you have per server license you will clearly see different license keys on your license key certificate(s) for Enterprise Server and Enterprise Client. As per above advice - if you have further licensing questions, you need to contact Customer Care.