cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.5.4 known issues

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Hi 6 hours back I have upgraded my 2 master servers to NBU 6.5.4 now suddently all of my backup jobs got failed with error 252 is there any known issues in 6.5.4 to cause problem like this
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
All 6.5.4 'Known Issues' are documented in the Late Breaking News (LBN) bulletin for NetBackup 6.5.4.
There are normally valid reasons for EMM being stopped - the 1st one is a result of disk full condition (seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286020.htm).
Another possibility is McCafee AV stopping services on Windows servers. (seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295599.htm)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Pablo_B
Level 3
If a process was unable to report the extended error status as the final job status, the job exits with status 252. Extended error status numbers are above 255 and there are many possibilities. You will need to examine the job details display to determine if the issue gives you a clue there. You may need to turn on logs...etc. Verify through backup, archive and restore console to see if the job captured all of the files expected. You may have your jobs completed, and the error may be in the final Netbackup reporting and closure of the job status.

Pablo_B
Level 3

.... also, you may want to monitor the daemons during job completions to see if the deamons are running as expected. I once had a master server that a few daemons would stop at the end of the job. Daemon stopping could possibly generate the 252 error code.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 I could find some comments like there are known issues in NBU 6.5.4 EMM,RB.

Is that true?

Mike_Gavrilov
Show  me:

bpps -a
vxlogview -X jobid=jobid_of_failed_job -d all

Marianne
Level 6
All 6.5.4 'Known Issues' are documented in the Late Breaking News (LBN) bulletin for NetBackup 6.5.4.
There are normally valid reasons for EMM being stopped - the 1st one is a result of disk full condition (seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286020.htm).
Another possibility is McCafee AV stopping services on Windows servers. (seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295599.htm)

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi, there are no known issues as fas as I know. try restarting netbackup services