Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP issue

RodeDraak
Level 2
Accredited Certified
Hi All,

If I want to change my library from a SCSI attached library to a Fibre (SAN) attached library am I required to perform a full NDMP backup afterwards?

Regards,

Richard.
3 REPLIES 3

Zak_Meekins_2
Level 6
Hi Richard, I am not sure exactly what you are asking here but you can change out your library and then re-configure netbackup, once netbackup sees your new hardware just let your schedules go as per normal. There is no need to do any special backup. Why would you think you need to do an NDMP backup? To be safe you should go ahead and run a catalog backup before you install your new hardware. Hope this helps.

Zak

Stumpr2
Level 6

RodeDraak wrote:
Hi All,
If I want to change my library from a SCSI attached library to a Fibre (SAN) attached library am I required to perform a full NDMP backup afterwards?
Regards,
Richard.

hmmm. I'm not quite sure you are asking the question you are truly thinking of.

Try supplying more information. It doen't make sense to me that any backup is required for changing hardware. Testing restores would seem more appropriate of a question.

RodeDraak
Level 2
Accredited Certified
I'm asking this question, because every time I add a new volume to the NDMP backup I'm required to perform a full backup.