cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.1.0.1 Feedback?

Bill_Coleman
Not applicable
Employee

What is the customer and partner experience with NetBackup 7.1.0.1? 

This was the first maintenance pack on the 7.1 release line and it has been available for over a month.

Please share your feedback.

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have not personally installed the release but I'm on the forums regularly and in the last month, a lot of the posts relate to the implementation of this release.....

Lee_C
Level 5

We have been running 7.1.0.1 on Windows now for the past two weeks. 

We had started with NBU 7.0 last year and after nearly a year of grief, applying EEBs, then updating to 7.0.1 and more EEBs, we are finally at 7.1.0.1 on our master, media servers and some clients.  For us moving to 7.1.0.1 has been very positive. Stability for one thing, slight improvements in deduplication which is important for us.  There were specific issues that were documented as being resolved in the release notes as well as undocumented fixes.  To get the best out of it we have found that the environment has to be 7.1.0.1 from master server all the way down to clients (if supported).

We do have an open issue with support which we have not determined if it's due to 7.1.0.1 which is very slow to progress with support.  That might be an inditement on the level of support we have.

The addage to avoid an x.0 release seems to hold true with NBU7.  Now with 7.1.0.1 - this seems to be the mystical "service pack" that you are always recommended to begin with.  Again the disappointment of having to install 7.1 then update is always a chore!!!!

One additional note.  OpsCenter 7.1.0.1 has also been more stable for us, and so far we've not had to restart the collectors which was becomming a frequent occurance.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I agree with Lee on OpsCenter 7.1.0.1 (with the latest EEB).  It is far more stable and we haven't had to restart the OpsCenter services in Windows every day like we did with 7.0.1.  There are still a few reports that are wrong and Symantec is working on them.

I can't speak to NBU 7.1.0.1 yet, I'm still waiting to get more reactions in this thread before we do this upgrade.  laugh

I'm very glad we didn't upgrade to 7.0!