cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup client on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

bixit
Level 3

Hi,

As i understand it NetBackup 7.1.0.3 does now include support for Ubuntu 11.10 64bit clients?

Where do I find  the install files for the NetBackup 7.1.0.3 client?

I thought the client was available from http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH174231 but this download (NB_CLT_7.1.0.3.tar) only contains a upgrade script.

Where is the install package available for download?

All suggestions would be really appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24

bixit
Level 3

Support confirmed that there is no installer for Ubuntu 11.10 with 3.0 kernel, but by altering the installer script you can get it installed. Backup and restore of the client works as expected after altering the installer.

I guess the installer is fixed in version 7.5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

PLEASE share your modified installation script as it will help other users with similar problems.

Post the script as attachment, please.

I have in the meantime marked your post as Solution.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

...were the modifications the same ones as suggested in the TechNote I referenced above (hint, hint)?  ;)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Chris, I had a look at the TN - it mentions files in .../openv/netbackup/client/Linux.

These files 'live' on a master server and are used for push-install from a master.

Seems the downloaded client install script was modified in this instance.

Hopefully the TN that you mentioned above will be updated with 'install' script updates or else explained in new TN...

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you were to unpack the .tar.gz files included in the CLIENTS tarball, you would find the same files in the same branch, even if it's a local install on a client where you've unpacked the distribution.

His own log excerpts above prove this; here's the relevant extract one more time where you'll see the path you're mentioning (I've tried to bold it):

A failure was detected running /root/install/NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/cp_to_client backupserver.tld clientname /tmp/install_trace.5836

In my other post, I used those log excerpts to point out exactly where on his system he could find the files which needed the editing - the client_config and installpbx files - which are mentioned in the TechNote as needing edits.  For other people encountering this problem, the "/root/install/NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS" may be some other directory, but from then on the path would be the same.