Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please see  below:

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6

With the Partner badge next to your name, the assumption is that you have access to Licensing Guides on PartnerNet, right?

Extract from the 7.7.1 Licensing Guide:

Enterprise Vault - An Application and Database Pack license is not required for customers using NetBackup 7.6+. Existing NetBackup customers can obtain this functionality by requesting a new license key for NetBackup Server or NetBackup Enterprise Server from Customer Care. A Standard or Enterprise Client is still required.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CadenL

Hi

Do I need to add an NBU licence to the master server to allow me to create a policy type of 'Enterprise Vault'? I was told by Veritas that EV agent is free of charge and that I would only need to licence the EV servers with a NetBackup client licence.

As the licence was free I was uncertain if that meant it would appear in the policy type list by default or if I still need to obtain a licence to make it a selectable option?

Kind regards

Marianne
Level 6

With the Partner badge next to your name, the assumption is that you have access to Licensing Guides on PartnerNet, right?

Extract from the 7.7.1 Licensing Guide:

Enterprise Vault - An Application and Database Pack license is not required for customers using NetBackup 7.6+. Existing NetBackup customers can obtain this functionality by requesting a new license key for NetBackup Server or NetBackup Enterprise Server from Customer Care. A Standard or Enterprise Client is still required.

CadenL

Thanks Marianne

I don't have access to the NBU licening guide - will ask if I can be sent a copy.

thanks

Marianne
Level 6

If you have a Veritas PartnerNet logon account (that gives you the Partner badge and Accreditations), search for 'NetBackup licensing guide' after logging onto PartnerNet.