cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.1.0.2 How do i eject tapes ??

AndersA
Level 4

Hi

I have made a Script where i wanna eject some tapes.

i am using this command.

vmchange -res -multi_eject -w -verbose -rn 0 -rt tld -rh Server -ml OU1699 -sec 1

the -sec 1 part makes it not promt.

This fails with an eject aborted.

It seems that if i don't manually remove the tapes from the mailslot(i have 20 slots here)  before i press OK on the promt, the eject gets aborted and the tapes get put back in place in the library ??, how does one eject tapes to the mailslot without having to manually remove them from the mailslot right away ??. I want tapes to eject at night, so i can pick them up in the morning. Right now i have to pick up the tapes when i eject them or else the tapes get put back inside the library.

Very Weird I think.

master = Redhat 5.7 Netbackup 7.1.0.2

libray =  SUN Storagetek L700 600+ slots, 20 mailslots

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Here is a handy little one ....

First sort you library colums so that MediaID is the first row and Slot number is the second row

Highlight the ones you want to eject (usually sort by time assigned) and Ctl-C to copy them.

Create a text file named eject_tape.txt and paste it into it and save it.

In the same directory that you have saved that information create an eject.bat file and paste in the following:

for /f "tokens=1,2" %%a in (eject_tapes.txt) do vmchange -res -m %%a -mt <HCART> -rh <robothost> -rt <tld> -rn <0>  -rc1 %%b -e -sec 1

vmupdate -rt <TLD> -rn <0> -rh <robothost> -h <emmserver> -use_barcode_rules

pause

The first part needs to be all on one line.

Edit all of the parts in <> with the robothost name, robot number, robot type, tape density (media type) and emm server name (usually the master).

This will eject all of the tapes in your list and then update the inventory in NetBackup

Works a treat!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6

Don't know about  -sec  our command line uses  -sc  ; also no -w

vmchange -res -multi_eject -sc -rn 0 -rt tld -rh <host> -vh <host> -v --- -ml <medialist>

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Here is a handy little one ....

First sort you library colums so that MediaID is the first row and Slot number is the second row

Highlight the ones you want to eject (usually sort by time assigned) and Ctl-C to copy them.

Create a text file named eject_tape.txt and paste it into it and save it.

In the same directory that you have saved that information create an eject.bat file and paste in the following:

for /f "tokens=1,2" %%a in (eject_tapes.txt) do vmchange -res -m %%a -mt <HCART> -rh <robothost> -rt <tld> -rn <0>  -rc1 %%b -e -sec 1

vmupdate -rt <TLD> -rn <0> -rh <robothost> -h <emmserver> -use_barcode_rules

pause

The first part needs to be all on one line.

Edit all of the parts in <> with the robothost name, robot number, robot type, tape density (media type) and emm server name (usually the master).

This will eject all of the tapes in your list and then update the inventory in NetBackup

Works a treat!