Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup upgrade on Unix SAN media server

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

Hi All;
I have to two Unix SAN media servers first one is Solaris 9 server and installed Netbackup version is 6.0MP4 and I want to upgrade this version to 6.5 media .
The second is OSF1_V5 (True64) and it is cluster environment working with NetBackup version 6.0MP4 also it need to upgrade to Netbackup 6.5 media server.

how I can perform this step without Impact on backup images refer to this media servers ?

Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The process is the same as for any other NetBackup server and is covered in chapter 4 of the Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux.
As the server names will stay the same, the media/image ownership (stored on the Master Server) will remain intact.
The assumption is that the Master server is already on NBU 6.5.x?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The process is the same as for any other NetBackup server and is covered in chapter 4 of the Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux.
As the server names will stay the same, the media/image ownership (stored on the Master Server) will remain intact.
The assumption is that the Master server is already on NBU 6.5.x?

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
In Netbackup 6.0 and 6.5 mediadb is stored on the master server. Media server upgrade is just NetBackup executable update unless you have DSSU on a media server. 

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
Hi all
yes the master server version is 6.5.4
many thanks
task under processing

Stumpr2
Level 6
Don't forget to also upgrade any NetBackup agents for database backups.