cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup vault duplications issue

Yamoo
Level 3

Hi All,

Am just wondering if any one could help on this.I need to know how vault duolication selection attribute works in terms of selecting images to duplicate. I have a vault profile which seems to be disregarding the basic disk attributes defined. Though I have created storage units that are sharing the same disk (e.g D:\full, D:\weekly). So my question is that if i define only D:\full in the basic disk attributes, does vault disregards and search for images including the ones on D:\weekly as well  because they are on the same disk?

This seems to be what is happening on one of my vault profile.

Please let me no if you've experienced this.

thanks.

Yamoo

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

This is interesting.. hmm.. i will look for a time to test if I come across this issue. What's your NBU version?

Yamoo
Level 3

it is NBU6.5.4

I mean is there any KB or white paper that clearly state how the attributes(logical) & location (physical) are combined in selection of images to backup? Which one takes precedence over the other?

Thanks.

watsons
Level 6

Best to look into this technote, note that there is a difference from NB6.5.5 onwards on the "Location" selections:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74265

If you choose only duplicate image from D:\full in basic disk attribute, that does not mean you "automatically" exclude other path, because the selection will look at other criteria that may also pick up image from D:\weekly. You will need to explicitly exclude selecting image from D:\weekly.