cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the media property

Rohit_Singh_Nay
Level 4

Hi,

I am using veritas 6.5 netbackup, I am facing a problem that I am unable to see the media property via Bpmedialist command getting the message "requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database" but I can see the media through the netbackup console that some Data had been written on that media

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sunbird
Level 4

Rohit,

The "vmquery" output listed the "Volume" expiration date, which tells NetBackup to not "mount" that tape fro a back after that date12/19/2009 (upcoming December). It has nothing to do with any images that may or may not reside on the media. You can easily remove it...  ./vmchange -exp 0 -m  <media_id>     ...again, it does not affect any images, just when it can be mounted.

The "bpmedialist" shows when the last image on the tape will expire:  03/07/2009.  This media should be listed under a specific "Media Server" which you will need for the "bpexpdate" command further down. I am guessing the the "bpimmedia" command listed images.

So, if you want to expire all of the images on it, which should change it's status from "FULL/MPX" to "AVAIALBLE":

From MASTER Server:

= = = = = = = = = = =

cd  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

./bpexpdate  -m  <media_id>  -d  0  -host  <Media_Server>

("y" to confirm)

Best of Luck -- sunbird

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sunbird
Level 4

Rohit,

From Master Server:

= = = = = = = = = = 

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery  -m  <media_id>

(does it have an "Assigned date"?)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia  -U  -mediaid  <media_id>

(does it report images?)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist  -U  -summary

(is the media id listed on any of the media servers?)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media

(what is the "status"  <last field on right>  of the media id? )

-sunbird

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

The commands that sunbird post query to different DB's it can happen that a media is under the volDB but not on the mediaDB and you will get this kind of errors.

Rohit_Singh_Nay
Level 4

Hi Sunbird

While running the Vmquery command the expiration date which it shows 12\19\2009 this date I can see from my netbackup console media property

but while running the bpmedialist -U -summary command it shows a differnt expiration date 03\07\2009 this date I can see from my available media command in goddies and the status its shows FULLMPX

Now I am totally confuse because only this media is showing two differnt expiration date .I have check with other media also.

Rohit_Singh_Nay
Level 4

Hi Omar,

Could you please suggest me what I have to do to remove this kind of problem

sunbird
Level 4

Rohit,

The "vmquery" output listed the "Volume" expiration date, which tells NetBackup to not "mount" that tape fro a back after that date12/19/2009 (upcoming December). It has nothing to do with any images that may or may not reside on the media. You can easily remove it...  ./vmchange -exp 0 -m  <media_id>     ...again, it does not affect any images, just when it can be mounted.

The "bpmedialist" shows when the last image on the tape will expire:  03/07/2009.  This media should be listed under a specific "Media Server" which you will need for the "bpexpdate" command further down. I am guessing the the "bpimmedia" command listed images.

So, if you want to expire all of the images on it, which should change it's status from "FULL/MPX" to "AVAIALBLE":

From MASTER Server:

= = = = = = = = = = =

cd  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

./bpexpdate  -m  <media_id>  -d  0  -host  <Media_Server>

("y" to confirm)

Best of Luck -- sunbird

Twinkle_Sapra
Level 5
Certified

is the configuration having single media sever or mutiple media server. If multiple then mention media server also

bpmedialist - m <media id > -h <media server>

Rohit_Singh_Nay
Level 4

Hi Sunbird

Thanks for your suggestion