cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One drive being downed on LAN jobs

canuck12
Level 3

I'm running Netbackup 7.0.1 with a clustered master server (Windows 2003 r2 sp2 x86).     I have an issue with one of my drives (that has been replaced by ibm due to the same issue).     It works fine for NDMP jobs.  No errors, there is no erros on the drive when I look at the GUI interface.     When a windows client uses this drive it will get to the point  where it is mounting the tape, eventually it will timeout, saying robot operation failed, tapeid load operation reported an error, current media complete, next media.   The application event log will have alot of entries that state.   "Fatal open error on Drive002 (Device 2 \\.\tape2:   The system cannot fine the file specified. DOWN'ing it"     I can bring the drive up but this will continue to happen.   I've sent the drive logs off to IBM but they don't see any errors.    I've opened a ticket with Symantec but the tech assigned hasn't been much of a help since last week.      This issue and application log errors happen on all 3 media servers.   

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please tell us more detail about your configuration.
Which hosts the drive in trouble is connected to? SSO configuration? Type of NDMP backup(Direct-attached/Remote/3way)?
Can you find this tape drive in output of scan command?

canuck12
Level 3

the drive is on a san switch so all hosts can see and access it.    NDMP backup is direct, the filer has access to teh drive.   Yes this drive is available in the output of the scan command.    I believe it might be an encryption issue but I can figure out how to resolve it.   We use the IBM library for encryption using EKM.     We had a similar issue before but after rebooting the server used for EKM encryption it was resolved.  

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OS says "The system cannot fine the file specified". Can you post output of scan on the affected host?
Also check if all the hosts are allowed to access the replaced drive at EKM side. I assume the replaced drive are not configured correctly at EKM side.

#  I have no experience with EKM,so I cannot provide which point to check.

canuck12
Level 3

FYI, this issue was resolved after a reboot of the master/media server and tape library.