09-28-2011 04:45 PM
Hello fellow Phoenix Backup & Archiving group members,
There are currently 4 Symantec Backup & Archiving User Group meetings each year in the Phoenix area, yet only a small group of members attend on a regular basis. We would like to improve attendance, as these meetings are full of great information, lessons, tutorials, best practices, and provide a great chance to network with your backup peers & Symantec product experts. To that end, we would like to ask a few simple questions to see if we can increase your interest level in these meetings, as well as provide a broader range of subjects to discuss.
1) What backup and / or archiving products are you currently using?
(eg: BackupExec / NetBackup / EnterpriseVault / NBU Appliances / BMR / DLO / NDMP / OpsCenter / etc)
Feel free to include non-Symantec products such as DataProtector / Commvault / Networker or Open-Source solutions if you are using them too.
2) Are you currently backing up Virtual Environments (VMWare / Hyper-V / Xen / etc)? Which?
3) Are you currently, or do you plan to use a de-duplication solution in the next 6 months? Which?
4) What backup / archiving related topics would you like to learn more about?
5) What backup / archiving related challenges are you currently experiencing?
6) Are there any products you would like to see an in-depth presentation on at one of the meetings?
7) What can we do that would ensure you would attend the next meeting (Currently December 8th, 2PM - 5PM)?
8) Has your support team mentioned attending these meetings to you?
Thank you for your time and attention. Help us to meet your needs!
Phoenix Area Backup & Archiving Group
PS: We also have drawings at each meeting for Connect Points, AND FREE FOOD!
09-29-2011 07:15 AM
Has an invitation been sent out for the next meeting?
09-29-2011 09:50 AM
A reminder invitation has not yet been sent, but yuo may sign up for the next meeting on the main group page. You'll see a link for the meeting under "Upcoming Events" on the right side of the main group page.