cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDSM has encountered and issue with STS....

randes2000
Level 4

Solaris 10x86 Generic_147148-26 i86pc VM on VMware ESXi version 5.1.0  build 799733

New OS build, test server with 4 CPU cores and 4GB memory.

Netbackup version 7.5. - new installation. Master server is media server.  Licensed.

Solaris zpool and zfs file system created on 2TB disk assigned by VMware.  100% space available.

I'm attempting to create a Media Server deduplication pool on the 2TB zfs file system.  The attempt fails with the following error.

"Creating storage server <hostname>-invalid command parameter(20)  RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the

server was not found: getStorageServerInfo".

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I would advise you to patch to 7.5.0.4 first, then reboot the server and start again Having said that looking the the O/S compatibility list Solaris is only supported as a de-dupe media server on SPARC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Just to confirm that this pool is being added to the Master Server? Have you added the de-dupe license key to the Master Server and re-started its services? Please give the exact process you have followed - or screen shots so that we know exactly what you are doing (commands or GUI etc.) Is it 7.5 GA or have you patched it? Thanks

randes2000
Level 4
The pool is being added to the Master Server. The license key (a one-year license key issued by Netbackup for a test environment) was previously loaded on Windows 2008R2 and dedupe configuration had no errors. We are now testing on Solaris, due to Windows licensing issues. The process I am using is through the GUI. Media and Device Managment > Configure Disk Storage Servers and then stepping through the Storage Server Configuration Wizard. I cannot provide screeen shots easily as this is an isolated test environment. I have not patched 7.5. (GA?)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
I would advise you to patch to 7.5.0.4 first, then reboot the server and start again Having said that looking the the O/S compatibility list Solaris is only supported as a de-dupe media server on SPARC