cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-image error Reconfiguring Netbackup Database

Juliano_Moreira
Level 4
Hello Friends ( I'm using a translator )

I am having a serious problem with my 5220 Appliance that is practically new .
Before I was using as a Media and ended up re- doing the image again to turn as Master .
The re - image was very well executed and no error.

The problem happens when I finish in time to follow all the screens and it will last screen asking to wait about 15 minutes until the appliance is configured .

At the moment the status Reconfiguring NetBackup Database appears (same follows in the attached image ) I can not get into the console via internet explorer with the username and password that changed . Other than that , he did not finish the run as it should .

To really know where I was giving the fault returned in the command line and went on Support > Factoryreset . Therefore, the status of creating a new NetBackup Database Updating and Netbackup EMM database failed .

I looked through several Tech and could not find anything related to this problem .
Someone could tell me what I can be doing to try to solve this?

PS : If I do re - image again , the problem happens again .

error02.GIF

São Paulo-20131205-00014.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Juliano_Moreira
Level 4
Problem solved.
Rebooked again re-image the machine, installed licenses and was diagnosed with the support than before when it was average, had references and other IP in bp.conf file.
We restart the database again and climbed over SSH Master.

Successful installation.

I thank you all for the suggestions, it made me somehow seek other means to try to figure out the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have 2 options.

Take the USB key and boot using it and it will install a fresh copy. Then configure as you please.

Figure out why it won't clean up the configuration. My guess would be something relating to name resolution. That is usually where it gets stuck. Check you host file entries and use DNS too. Make sure you can resolve the names you're using from the CLISH before starting.

I never use the WEB interface to set it up cause it's, (cough, cough) cr@p! Do it from the CLISH and you'll see what its doing a lot quicker than through the GUI. If you open additional putty sessions to the appliance you can also tail the log files and follow the process of configuration as it happens.

Please share the configuration that you're trying to achieve as well. In other words, appliance being added to windows master, or appliance is the master, etc etc

Juliano_Moreira
Level 4
Hello!

Thanks for the reply, through the GUI name resolution is successful.
I'm using NetBackup 5220 Appliance - Suse Linux as Operating System factory direct.
Unfortunately I also tried to do through Putty, but could not. I think it's something related to his own database, but do not know how to repair it. I am unsure of messing with it I'm not sure.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have an expansion disk shelf on your 5220? I am guessing that you do.

If so then please follow this procedure and see if it sorts it for you:

Shut it down, disconnect the disk shelf, put the USB stick into a port and power it on whilst connected via local monitor and keyboard or IPMI.

Press F6 to go into the boot menu

Now that the disk shelf has gone the boot order may have changed so F6 on boot – select Enter Setup and put the local disk back to the top of the list  - this is named ICHx/ESB2

F10 to save and reboot then use F6 to go to the boot menu again and cursor down and select the Toshiba USB Stick to boot from.

Once the re-image screen comes up you have just a few seconds to cursor down and select to re-image the system, otherwise it will boot from the hard drive again.

Follow this through and after the initial section it reboots and sometimes comes up with a YAST screen which says it cannot access the Installation Media. (This is for a 2.5 image only, it doesn’t do this on 2.0.3)

Use the Tab key (arrows don’t usually work) to move across to “Skip” and press Enter.

It should then carry on with the installation – keep an eye on it for any errors.

If, when it has finished if you cannot login then something went wrong and you will need to start again.

When it is up configure it as a Master and then shut it down and plug the shelf back.

Power on the shelf and when all disks are up power on the header in - add the shelf via Manage - Storage - Add and then set the sizes as required – bearing in mind it will probably change the boot order again so F6 when it first boots to check it is still booting from ICHx

Hope this sorts it for you

Juliano_Moreira
Level 4
I had already performed this procedure before.
Removed the disc set 30TB and checked where was booting.
After your post, I even checked if that's even what he had done.
The Re-image in his installation remains normal. The error ends up happening when you go to configure the Master GUI.

Tks,
Juliano Santos

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK - if you can get into the CLISH go to Manage - Licenses and add in valid NetBackup licenses plus remove the NFR key it comes with in the image - at least the base one - it may be that it will not configure NBU as it cannot fire up the services to do what it needs to do due to an expired license

Once added then try again - you should just need to go to Appliance and type Master for it to configure - but this will only work if it has a valid NBU license key added

Juliano_Moreira
Level 4
Problem solved.
Rebooked again re-image the machine, installed licenses and was diagnosed with the support than before when it was average, had references and other IP in bp.conf file.
We restart the database again and climbed over SSH Master.

Successful installation.

I thank you all for the suggestions, it made me somehow seek other means to try to figure out the problem.