cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover catalog error

GaryKan
Level 3

Dear all,

When I perform catalog recover with the wizard, I got the following error message and the recover failed:

ERR – Failed to execute command C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bprestore.exe –w –T –X –C <master_server> -t 35 –p Catalog_Backup –e <ctime> -priority 90000 –L “C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Logs\user_ops\Administrator\logs\xxxxx.log” / on host <master_server> (5)

Environment information:

Both server (Production and DR Netbackup) OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, same host name but the IP is difference. Production server has join domain but the DR one is not. Both version is 7.5.0.6

Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

error message : 14:19:46 (14.001) Status of restore from copy 1 of image created 10/4/2013 6:00:41 PM = socket read failed

Examine the bpcd log for issues related to host name or address resolution

GaryKan
Level 3

Both servers host name is the same but the IP address is difference; the production server had joined domain and the DR server is workgroup. Is it cause the problem?

Thanks for your reply.

GaryKan
Level 3

I have just create catalog backup on the DR server and recover the catalog itself, but still have the same error. Log attached.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i know you have blanked names in the logs but is your new master the same name as the old master - by that i mean are they both xxx or xxx.com but not one being xxx and the other being xxx.com?

We need to see more information to locate exactly where this failed - it looks like it fails just after it restores the catalog backup information - that indicates that it then goes on to read different information about the restore

Did the Master do its own original catalog backup - was it copy 1?

Deb_Wilmot
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the host name is the same and the IP different - that should be ok.

If you haven't already, I would suggest opening a case so support can take a good look at the logs.

The logs that support would need (at VERBOSE 5) are :

bpdbm

bprd

tar

The C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Logs\user_ops\Administrator\logs\2013mmddhhmmss.log

bprestore

bptm and/or bpdm

bpbrm

That should be all logs. 

The DR file that's being used.

It looks to me like either the TIR file is not there or corrupt because of the "is not in the true image list. Skipping." messages like the following:

15:43:49 (34.xxx) /C/Program Files/Veritas/NetBackupDB/staging/databases.conf  is not in the true image list. Skipping.
15:43:49 (34.xxx) /C/Program Files/Veritas/NetBackupDB/staging/server.conf  is not in the true image list. Skipping.
15:43:49 (34.xxx) /C/Program Files/Veritas/NetBackupDB/staging/vxdbms.conf  is not in the true image list. Skipping.

If this is a disk image, you should make sure you aren't missing the TIR file in the location you have the image fragments stored.

GaryKan
Level 3

Dear Mark,

Thanks for reply.

Both master servers have the same name (xxx.com).

We havn't recovery the catalog to the Production Master server.