cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an old Master Server

Travis_J
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am at a client site that went from a clustered 6.5.3 environment to a new clustered 7.1 environment.  We installed two new servers with an 02 designation.  But the 01 servers still show up in the media and master server list.  Just curious the steps I need to take to remove those Master Server names.  The cluster name remained the same so we left it in place with the same IP address.

I tried the decommission command but it says it is not a media server (which is correct).

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please post output of nbemmcmd -listhosts and indicate which names should not be there.

Please also share more info about steps that were taken to upgrade/migrate?

All server names (including physical hostnames) are contained in EMM database. If you managed to migrate your EMM database to new physical servers with new hostnames, the old physical server names will still exist in the EMM database.

You should be able to delete the old hostnames with something like this:

nbemmcmd -deletehost -clustername <virtual_name> -machinename <old-nodename> -machinetype master -netbackupversion 7.1 -operatingsystem <os>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please post output of nbemmcmd -listhosts and indicate which names should not be there.

Please also share more info about steps that were taken to upgrade/migrate?

All server names (including physical hostnames) are contained in EMM database. If you managed to migrate your EMM database to new physical servers with new hostnames, the old physical server names will still exist in the EMM database.

You should be able to delete the old hostnames with something like this:

nbemmcmd -deletehost -clustername <virtual_name> -machinename <old-nodename> -machinetype master -netbackupversion 7.1 -operatingsystem <os>

Travis_J
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Worked my way thought the nbemmcmd command and was able to remove those servers quite simply!  Thanks for your help!

Travis_J
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Worked it out!