cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN media server drive shows as SCAN-TLD

manish331
Level 4

we are using SSO and shared drives between master and SAN 30 medias servers.

SCAN-TLD is generally with master server but here i am seeing for two drives, SCAN-TLD is showing for two SAN medias server.

How i can change it. Do i add/remove server via gui. Do i need to restart NBU services on SAN media server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What you can do is set the master to have a scanability setting higher than than the media servers. This command will show the scanability setting of the servers nbemmcmd -listhost -verbose to verify the scanability defined for the servers The default is 5 You could set the master to 9 and the medias to 5 (if not already at 5) #nbemmcmd -updatehost -machinename -machinetype master -scanability 9 When changing the media server, you will need to define the master server, for example (this is also run on the master server) #nbemmcmd -updatehost -machinename -machinetype -scanability (0-9) -masterserver ltid would need to be restarted on any server where this setting is changed. However, if things are working I do NOT recommend doing this - the quickest way to break NBU is to make changes that don't need to be made. The above would only usually be considered if messages appear relating to the scan host and the drives cannot be used. If drives are being used and there are no scan host issues that last for more than say a minute, do not change anything. The above will NOT stop the scan host moving between servers. As mentioned this s perfectly normal and is part of how SSO works. Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No problem if SAN media server become SCAN-TLD host. There are no way to switch scan host manually. Scan host may switch to other media server by stopping media manager on this media server, but why do you need to do so affecting running services?

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

SCAN means that the server is the SCAN host. It might not hurt to restart ltid.

Do you have your fabric set up so the other media servers also see the drives? When you run the drive wizard, does it see the drives from all media servers involved?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
It's perfectly normal for it to move between servers - if there are no issues, leave well alone. In fact, thinking about this, it is impossible to stop it moving, as a media server requesting a tape mount for example, will become the scan host for that drive.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What you can do is set the master to have a scanability setting higher than than the media servers. This command will show the scanability setting of the servers nbemmcmd -listhost -verbose to verify the scanability defined for the servers The default is 5 You could set the master to 9 and the medias to 5 (if not already at 5) #nbemmcmd -updatehost -machinename -machinetype master -scanability 9 When changing the media server, you will need to define the master server, for example (this is also run on the master server) #nbemmcmd -updatehost -machinename -machinetype -scanability (0-9) -masterserver ltid would need to be restarted on any server where this setting is changed. However, if things are working I do NOT recommend doing this - the quickest way to break NBU is to make changes that don't need to be made. The above would only usually be considered if messages appear relating to the scan host and the drives cannot be used. If drives are being used and there are no scan host issues that last for more than say a minute, do not change anything. The above will NOT stop the scan host moving between servers. As mentioned this s perfectly normal and is part of how SSO works. Martin