cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRT ersion 6.5 is incompatible with client config version 6.5.5

Moeman
Level 4

I am trying to run a prepare to restore process on a client but receive an error.  I've attached a screenshot of the error.  I'm wondering how I can update the SRT it mentions in the error.

I'm running NetBackup Enterprise 6.5.6 on Windows Server 2003.

57 REPLIES 57

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

>> If my client is running 6.5 I get one error, if my client is running 6.5.6 I get a different error.

It is always good to have NB client up-to-date within SRT. But recovery of 6.5.6 client backup using 6.5 NB client within SRT is possible. In other words you would not require to upgrade your NB client within SRT.

So if SRT has 6.5 NB client then what error do you see?

If you can copy debug level 6 log of bmrprep and bmrd (created on master server; log ids are 126 and 119 res.) would help much to quickly find out root cause.

Thanks.

Mandar

Moeman
Level 4

My NB client in my SRT has always been 6.5.  I can't get it to 6.5.6.  So, If my client is at 6.5 I get this error.

Moeman
Level 4

Also, I ran through the BMR setup again.  Attached is a screenshot.  Everything looks ok.

I would have contacted Symantec tech support first but we no longer have a contract with them so that's why I tried the forum.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

>> If you can copy debug level 6 log of bmrprep and bmrd (created on master server; log ids are 126 and 119 res.) would help much to quickly find out root cause.

I had asked for these logs (full log file attached here to this thread) but you have not provided yet. It is difficult to guide you without having this info.

thanks.

mandar

Moeman
Level 4

I previously set my log level to as high as it would go (level 5 for NBU 6.5.6) and ran through the BMR restore process.  No logs were created for bmrprep or bmrd not can I find any on my master server.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

You can find them on your master server in netbackup/logs directory with file name in fashion *-119-*.log and *-126-*.log

Moeman
Level 4

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

The logs are not produced with debug level 6 but still looking at below bmrprep log snippet (these log lines are generated for your latest PTR try); it is clear that your SRT NB version is not compatible with client NB version.

2,51216,126,126,1,1345818059741,5592,5428,0:,0:,0:,2,(80|A3:6.5|A5:6.5.5|A5:6.5.5|)
2,51216,126,126,2,1345818059771,5592,5428,0:,0:,0:,2,(3|)
2,51216,126,126,3,1345818059771,5592,5428,0:,0:,0:,0,(43|)

The error ID is: BMRPREP_SRT_VERSION_INCOMPATIBLE_WITH_CONFIG_VERSION

And this tells that your client is running at 6.5.5 NB version level and not 6.5.6.

ERROR: "SRT version 6.5 is incompatible with client config version 6.5.5. Please update SRT to at least 6.5.5 version."

Solution:
Please update your SRT version with 6.5.5 patch. Make sure from BMR admin GUI menu -> SRT > your SRT properties shows 6.5.5 NB version. Now re-try PTR. It should work.

thanks.
mandar

Moeman
Level 4

I am back on this.  I am unable to update the SRT to version 6.5.5 because I don't have an installation package for that version.  All I have is 6.5 and 6.5.6.  I've tried finding 6.5.5 on the Symantec website with no luck.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have Windows x86 and x64 copies - 260MB - do you have anywhere i can upload it for you? (PM me)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

AH! - Just found them!

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76642

Moeman
Level 4

Thanks but I get the same error as before when I point the SRT to where I unzipped the 32-bit client I downloaded in the link you provided.  Error says "NetBackup Update.msi is not a valid NetBackup Client Install Image."

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You need to apply it as a maintenance release update to the SRT

The install image is the 6.5 and then you edit the SRT to add a maintenance release which is the 6.5.5 patch

Sounds like that is where you are going wrong

So ..

Boot Server Assistant - SRT Wizard - Add or Update Packages to a SRT - Add release update or Maintenace Pack to a SRT

Moeman
Level 4

I've tried that, over and over and over and over.  It does not work.  I get the same error every time,  "NetBackup Update.msi is not a valid NetBackup Client Install Image."

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - i was just thinking that you may have selected "update the version of NetBackup Client in a SRT" rather than the "Add Release update ..." due to the error saying "Install" image

Moeman
Level 4

I tried every option in that list, just to see if one worked.  All of them produce an error.  At this point I am going to look at upgrading NetBackup if I can get the funds.  If not then I will scrap this and look for another BMR option.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You are doing 32bit for 32bit SRT / 64 bit for 64 bit SRT?

Moeman
Level 4

Yes.  My entire NetBackup environment is 32bit, so I'm only using 32bit packages.  My test client is 32bit.