cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to scan for VSP files

Christopher_Kol
Level 3
Hello,

I am the UNIX admin who also manages the backups.   I've been requested by the Windows team to come up with a script that can scan all Windows servers for leftover VSP files.  

Is there a script out there that can query AD for all servers or perhaps a text file with them listed and then complete a search against the servers for any leftover VSP files.

Anything would be great.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Chris, which version of NetBackup?

I have a DOS script that worked in v5.x which used the old "bpdir" command, but unfortunately the "bpdir" command has definitely been deprecated/removed in v6.5 (and possibly also deprecated in v6.0 but I can't confirm).  I haven't re-written it in VBS using A/D yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My understanding is that with NetBackup 6.x setting the Windows Open File Backup method is done via the Client Attributes under Host Properties of the Master Server and preferred over previous NetBackup versions where the registry held this setting.

I have a script I ran from my master to at least get me all the Windows clients and for each what Client Attributes were set in respect to the Open File method set. The first line will get you the text file of Windows clients/servers to further query.

for i in `bpplclients -allunique -noheader | grep Wind |  awk '{print $3}'`
do
        echo "=============== $i ================="
        bpclient -client $i -L
done

Heres an example of the output for one client
Client Name: subo
 Current Host:
        Hostname: subo
        IP Address: 0.0.0.0
 Dynamic Address:       no
 Free Browse:   Allow
 List Restore:  Not Specified
 Max Jobs This Client:  Not Specified
 WOFB Enabled:  no
 WOFB FIM:      VSP
 WOFB Usage:    Individual Drive Snapshot
 WOFB Error Control:    Abort on Error
 Connect options:       2 2 3

This should get you started.

There is also the following command but I'm not confident of the results it gives or its relevance under NetBackup 6.x
bpgetconfig -M $i VSP_USE OTM_USE VERSIONINFO