cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 11 on Hyper-V Backups

Alexis_Gonzalo_
Level 4

We just resolved this problem and I didn't find our solution elsewhere, so I'm posting it here.

Our Master Server is a Windows 2003 32-bits with NetBackup 7.0.1

Our Hyper-V hosts are Windows 2008 R2 SC 64-bits. They had NetBackup Client 7.0. After we upgraded them to NB 7.0.1 we started suffering this problem:

1) Parent Job creates correctly the snapshot.

2) Child Job mounts the tape

3) Child Job fails with status 11, and the message "Error bpbrm" "ERR - FIML_initialize_vxms failed (14)". Parent job also fails with status 11.

We checked this tech note: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH73597

Registry was ok, but we find out there were two folders in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS\: VXMS and VXMS65.

So we replaced the original entry in the registry to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS\VXMS65\ and backups are ending OK with status 0 again.

1 REPLY 1

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Nice troubleshooting Alexis,

With the backups working using C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS\VXMS65\, you more than likely have a corrupt VxMS folder or this path is still incorrect:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS\: VXMS

I am not sure if you intentionally place the :VxMS there or that is really the path.

If you have another NetBackup 7.0.1 machine, copy the files in the VxMS folder.  Check for any discrepancies.  I might recommend a support case for this issue or a peak at the bpbkar/VxMS logs.