cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Units lost after upgrading to Netbackup 7.0

Adamaitis
Level 4

I just upgraded my master server from 6.5.4 to 7.0 and all my storage units, media, and volume pools are gone.

I can view the catalog and find tapes for restores but cant see my tapes, storage units, or volume pools.

This is a solaris 10 master server, anyone have something like this happen?  Is there an easy fix other than recreating everything or restoring the old catalog?

6 REPLIES 6

Cynthia_Christe
Level 4

Are they really gone?  Have you checked the command line GUI bpadm (or bpstulist from the command line) to confirm?  The reason I ask is that the Java GUI in 7.0 uses more memory and needs to be tweaked.

If it the Java GUI, I'll post the fix for the GUI or you can look at some previous posts, I just posted it out on the site recently.

Adamaitis
Level 4

I was actually looking in the windows console and nothing was listed.  What I believe happened now is that NB was originally install to a weird location and when I upgraded the EMM database didn't get upgraded.  I am going to move some files around and try again.

Cynthia_Christe
Level 4

By Java GUI - I am referring to the Windows Java GUI.  Try the commands on the command line and see if it's the GUI.

You might want to break your mirrors before you upgrade, so you can backout easier or mount the old filesystem elsewhere to compare.

Good luck

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please check if your situation matches this. Sounds like it might.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130786

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hopefully you made a catalog backup before the upgrade so that you can recover to the previous version?

I suggest you log a sev 1 call with Support as well.

rpetty
Level 2