cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Drive are showing mixed mode

Rockey_jay
Level 4
Hi,

We have ACS Tape lib and drives are configured in SSO. From GUI Device monitor ,one of the Tape drive is showing control, instead of ACS.. Can anyone faced same problem ...pls advice me how to proceed this issue...

Thanks in advance
Rockey
7 REPLIES 7

DavidParker
Level 6
Rockey,
I have SSO at my site. Usually 'mixed' means that one of the media/master servers has 'DOWN'd the drive. You can right-click on the drive and UP it.

But before you do that, I would recommend using /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/robtest
to see if there's a tape stuck in there or something. If not, just UP the drive and you're ok.

$0.02

Stumpr2
Level 6
Hey Rockey,

Heres a cute trick

vmoprcmd -SSOupbyname

this will send to all hosts (that are configured to share the drive) the equivalent of doing a local:
vmoprcmd -up

-SSOupbyname
UP all host-drive instances of this SSO drive.

If you want to check the status on all hosts that share the tape drive:
-SSOdisplay
Display the drive status of all host-drive instances of this SSO drive.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
It will be good to test it by running robtest.

tpautoconf -t output will be handy if there is some device configuration issue.

Assuming you do not have any configuration/physical cable issue on particualr server.

vmoprcmd (without any switch) will show you status of each drive configured in particular NBU domain. Once you have the output you can see the status of drive in question on all of the servers it is configured. Now you can up the drive in question either by the commad provided by Bob or you can run -

vmoprcmd -upbyname -h Message was edited by:
RK

Rockey_jay
Level 4
Hi,
... "SSOupbyname " resolved the issue.....now drive status is ACS, Thank you guys...Esp great thanks....BOB :)

I need ACSLS> commands... i will open new thread for the same...

Thanks in advance....
RockeyMessage was edited by:
Rockey jay

Rockey_jay
Level 4
Once again drive went to mixed mode...:-(

Checked again by the command vmoprcmd -SSOdisplay , shows the drives which was Down already ...again went down.... But i am sure there is no Tapes inside it ....and i made it up and tried to mount and unmount the tape (through robtest, m and dm command) ..happening sucessfully., but for few minutes the drive is in UP status ... Is there any remedy or further troubleshooting is there....? pls let me know...

:(

Stumpr2
Level 6
Check the device mapping/configuration for the questionable drive on the host that has the problem.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
run tpautoconf -t command on servers sharing the drive in question and match drive s/n against the o/p and s/n you are getting from Library console for that particular drive.