cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trending data usage

adrianmarsh
Level 4

Hi,

Does anyone know of a tool that can analyse the Catalog and/or the reports, and turn that into something that can give a longer-term history of Data growth per policy ?

I'm thinking of something that picks up the time-taken and image-size values, records it and then uses that to create trend-graphs, hopefully helping to precit future growth rates.

My major issue it the moment, having started using Netbackup just 5 months ago, is that I have no easy (automated) way to estimate where I'll be in another 6 months.

Sure there must be a script, plugin or something to do that ??

Thanks

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can generate graphical report with OpsCenter. OpsCenter is stmantec's software that collect activity data from major backup software(mainly intended to NetBackup), store it, and generate various reports. Unlicensed(free use) OpsCenter is called "OpsCenter", and licensed OpsCenter is called "OpsCenter Analytics". Major difference is data period(180 days on free version), supporting software, and ability of custom reporting. You can upgrade "OpsCenter" to "OpsCenter Analytics" by applying purchased license key. Check this doc for more detail. http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3708

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

there is a report about backup variances.

And it comes free with Netbackup.  just have to find a server to set it up on.