cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to conclude backup ID's due to duplicate backup's fired

GopiKrishna208
Level 3

I have fired backup two times and those are went into physical tape and i am unable to conclude what are the backup image ID's which are required.Please help.

GK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pity you did not realize this while the jobs were still visible in Activity Monitor. 
This is by far the easiest way to find all the child jobs for a parent. (There are quite a number of forum posts explaining how to do this.)

There is nothing in the NBU catalog that contains parent and child job info.

You could run
bpimagelist -client <name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -U
(make end-date about 5 minutes after start time of last stream)
You will see a list of images where you would see same size for duplicate streams. 
You can then list the image numbers and decide based on start time which one of the 2 to expire.

My advice to you - live with it.
Better to have multiple backups than running the risk of expiring one too many image.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

X2
   VIP   

@GopiKrishna208the description is difficult to understand without details. Please add your system details e.g. Master/Media OS type/version, NetBackup version, tape library details, and Detailed status from failed job as the minimum, so that we can try to help you out.

Hai,

We have master & media server of solaris with netbackup 7.6 version.And i need to physically freeze one backup which we have initiated dual times at same time interval.And now i am unable to conclude what are the backup images which are required for freezing and i am unable to judge from catalog.Please help me out.

GK

Marianne
Level 6

If I understand you correctly, 2 backups were kicked off for the same client shortly after one another, right?
How far apart did the 2 jobs start?

Not sure what you mean by 'freezing' one backup. Perhaps you meant expire?

Does each job kick off multiple streams and you don't know how to identify all child jobs for each backup?
Or just one stream/job per backup?

Do you still have the jobs in Activity Monitor?

Please try to give as much info as possible.
We can only assist if we have a proper understanding of your issue and what you want to accomplish.

Hai 

GK

Marianne
Level 6

Pity you did not realize this while the jobs were still visible in Activity Monitor. 
This is by far the easiest way to find all the child jobs for a parent. (There are quite a number of forum posts explaining how to do this.)

There is nothing in the NBU catalog that contains parent and child job info.

You could run
bpimagelist -client <name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -U
(make end-date about 5 minutes after start time of last stream)
You will see a list of images where you would see same size for duplicate streams. 
You can then list the image numbers and decide based on start time which one of the 2 to expire.

My advice to you - live with it.
Better to have multiple backups than running the risk of expiring one too many image.

OK,Thanks for your response.

GK