cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Help topics from NBU admin console

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello

I am getting the following error when I launch help topics from the netbackup console of master server

"Unable to download.

Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

I tried launching the nbadmin.chm file from C:\Program Files\Veritas\Help and it works. I have netbackup 7.6.1.2 and OS is Win 2012 R2 standard edition. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Ok I have managed to reproduce the issue by disabling internet access. The admin console then errors with the same message even when I re-enable it and not closing the console. It eventually sorts itself out.

Have you checked your internet access/firewall settings? IF you have a firewall disable it temporarily and retry.

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi WikiDonor

I faced  the same problem but the complete resolution is as below. Hope it helps.  

Complete Resolution: 

1. Open "My Computer" on the Master Server
  2. On the "My Computer" screen right side click help icon on the right top corner.
  3. On the Windows help screen, look for "offline help" toggle option at the bottom right corner 
  4. Select online help
  5. After that make sure Windows help is working by clicking the home Button on the top of the Window (which should show online help content)
  6. After the above activity, finally Restart the Master Server to resolve the issue completely. 

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello Usman Saeed,

I followed your steps but it is still not working. 

Thank you

DavidH137
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  I'm on a Media Server running Admin console and get same messages in .jpg as above.  Master server is Linux.

Tried steps above to enable online help on Media Server where Admin GUI is running...did not resovle the problem.

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Wiki Donor,

Try to run the Admin console exe with admin rights.

or

Go to the actual exe rather than running it from the desktop

It works every time

D_Flood
Level 6

I'm willing to bet that there was a Symantec URL that HELP hit that is no longer valid.  All that URL did was tell HELP that there wasn't any online help but the option was there to provide if they wanted to use it...

Now to figure out what that URL was and how to fake it in a HOSTS file to point it someplace else..