cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use NFS mount on Linux server as storage

Carl_Swanson
Level 4

So. I was wondering if there is any way to make an NFS mount (going to EMC Isilon) that I have on an Linux server available in netbackup (Server 2008 R2) as a storage unit or disk pool? Would I have to install netbackup on that linux server so it could become a storage server and then create disk pool from that?

-Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If you mount the share on a media server you could use it as a DSU, or install NBU as a media server directly on the server that has the disk space, which is a better option as NFS really bad overheads to backing upto a STU that is an NFS mount will give really bad performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If you mount the share on a media server you could use it as a DSU, or install NBU as a media server directly on the server that has the disk space, which is a better option as NFS really bad overheads to backing upto a STU that is an NFS mount will give really bad performance.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NFS is supported as DSU  and probably for Advanced disk as well, but I would not recommend Isilon. This is not what Isilon is made or recommended for.

Carl_Swanson
Level 4

Thanks all. Think I'm going to go with a simple cifs share to isilion instead. less work for me! I hope. I'm not really worried about speed or overhead. It's a small data set, for now

Marianne, Yes I know. We have datadomain for our production backups but we recently had an issue and need to backup some non-production data that was not being performed previously and our DD space is limited. 

-Thanks

-Carl