cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BPPLCLIENTS command

Colin_North
Level 6
Hi,
I am running Netbackup 5.0 MP4 with Windows 2000. I have used the bpplclients command from my master server to create a list of clients. What I would like to do is create a list of ACTIVE clients along with the POLICIES that each client belongs to.

I know that I can use the bpplclients policy_name parameter to list clients that belong to an active policy, but don't want to repeat this numerous times. So is there another bpplclients parameter that I can specify or has anyone written a script to use the bpplclients policy_name parameter?

Colin.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AKopel
Level 6
Yes,
We have a script that runs nightly that gather much of this information:
some to the commands we use to get it include:

bppllist
bppllist -U -allclasses
bpplclients.exe -allunique -l
bpplclients.exe

What the script does. is dump all the policy names using bpplist and then feed that result into bpplclients so the script is dynamic if we add/remove clients.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AKopel
Level 6
Yes,
We have a script that runs nightly that gather much of this information:
some to the commands we use to get it include:

bppllist
bppllist -U -allclasses
bpplclients.exe -allunique -l
bpplclients.exe

What the script does. is dump all the policy names using bpplist and then feed that result into bpplclients so the script is dynamic if we add/remove clients.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Colin,

Aaron's suggestion sounds helpfull to me. You will need to do it in more than one step but it should not be hard to script.

BS

Colin_North
Level 6
Aaron,
Thanks for the info, it pointed me in the right direction and I have written a script that now gives me what I need.

Colin.

AKopel
Level 6
Great! How about some 'helpful' or 'correct' points? I'm trying to catch Bob which could take a while :)