cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Netbackup upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. (disk staging)

Harpreet_Singh_
Level 3
Dear All,

This will be my first time upgrade of Veritas Netbackup from Ver 6.0 to 6.5. I have some queries, please help to reply.

1. My backup server has only CD rom. But I have received the meidia in DVD.
    Can I do the staging (copy DVD to local disk) from DVD to local disk.
     My account manager says for the CD's we have to purchase ??

2. Is some one has recently has upgraded the from Ver 6.0 to 6.5. In my setup I have only single server where both Master and media servers are running and Linux and Solaris Clients.

3. If some one has any check list for the upgrade, Please help me to pass it.

With Regards.

Hapreet Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bumj1
Level 5
1.  Copying to local disk should work just fine.
2.  If you only have one server acting as master/media it should be a fairly straightforward process.  The major changes were from upgrading from 5.x to 6.x.  Your upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 should be fairly simple.  Check out the documents in the upgrade portal.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290185.htm

3.  From the main page of the upgrade portal:  "For details on upgrading from NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5, see Chapter 4: Upgrading NetBackup in the NetBackup 6.5 Installation Guides.  These documents contain the requirements, upgrade steps and other information needed for a successful upgrade.  At this time there is no separate document for upgrading a NetBackup 6.0 environment to NetBackup 6.5."
That document can be linked to from the upgrade portal.

HTH Good Luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bumj1
Level 5
1.  Copying to local disk should work just fine.
2.  If you only have one server acting as master/media it should be a fairly straightforward process.  The major changes were from upgrading from 5.x to 6.x.  Your upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 should be fairly simple.  Check out the documents in the upgrade portal.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290185.htm

3.  From the main page of the upgrade portal:  "For details on upgrading from NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5, see Chapter 4: Upgrading NetBackup in the NetBackup 6.5 Installation Guides.  These documents contain the requirements, upgrade steps and other information needed for a successful upgrade.  At this time there is no separate document for upgrading a NetBackup 6.0 environment to NetBackup 6.5."
That document can be linked to from the upgrade portal.

HTH Good Luck.