cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View entire topology in Netbackup 6.5.4

pjtee
Level 4
Hi, this seems like a simple enough request but I'm having trouble figuring this out.

Netbackup comes with a great graphical topology of your backup structure but I cannot view my entire layour, i.e. backup/media server + all clients.

I can only see my backup servers and then whatever clients are active or failed.

Any help?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
on the netbackuo console, if you expand devices tab, you can click on topology to view your NBU environment.

pjtee
Level 4
Right, but that won't show me my attached clients. Is there a way to view everything?

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
i really dont think netbackup has a feature like that for now.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I try to help you out. See below

I have highlighted the Clients from left site. You can see all Clients which are Netbackup Clients at the right site. If you want to see Master and Media Server you can see those above the Clients at left site 

2009-11-06_153526.jpg 

pjtee
Level 4
Thanks...its frustrating because its obviously possible. I mean if every client failed its backup then the topology would naturally display the full topography. But there appears to be know way to display it beyond that.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 Mark me as Solutions If you are satisfied

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
but rather wants to see ALL of his clients whether they are active/failed or not i.e. everything! This is all well & good, but if the environment contains 00's or 000's of clients then I hope you've got a big screen!

I have seen what I think pjtee is after once or twice, but it generally only appears to happen (for me) if there's a slight glitch with the Admin Console & they all soon disappear if I refresh the screen.

Dimitris_Peppas
Level 4
The topology screen shows olny the active client being backed and the failed ones.
This has been so since I can remember. 

pjtee
Level 4
Thanks Andy, as it happens I only have about 30 clients so it would have been manageable. But I guess its not possible.

Perhaps Symantec should consider this for the next version. I doesn't seem like it would take too much work to create a screen for this considering its practically there already

Thanks all