cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware backup

NBU35
Level 6

Hi all

Backup of one of VMware client is failing with EC 12, we have implemented this set up via proxy server and below are the logs from the proxy server.

<16> tar_tfi::processException:

An Exception of type [SocketWriteException] has occured at:

Module: @(#) $Source: src/ncf/tfi/lib/TransporterRemote.cpp,v $ $Revision: 1.54 $ , Function: TransporterRemote::write[2](), Line: 321

Module: @(#) $Source: src/ncf/tfi/lib/Packer.cpp,v $ $Revision: 1.89 $ , Function: Packer::getBuffer(), Line: 656

Module: tar_tfi::getBuffer, Function: H:\7104\src\cl\clientpc\util\tar_tfi.cpp, Line: 312

Local Address: [0.0.0.0]:0

Remote Address: [0.0.0.0]:0

OS Error: 10053 (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

)

Expected bytes: 16384

I dont have much idea about Vmware backup trouble shooting , please suggest on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

From the logs this has two issues which may be related and one that may actually be the cause

1. Is It is an incremental backup - have you run a full backup?

2. Does It use BLIB - does the client etc. support using BLIB? (vmx-07 hardware version, etc)

3. Seems to fail after 5 minutes - increase the client read timeout on your media servers to a higher value (1800 is usually good) to give it time to process everything

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NBU35
Level 6

Client OS : MS windows 2003 SP2

Backup orxy server : Windows XP

NBU version : 7.1

Master server : sun solaris 10

NBU : 7.1

Manjunath_Rajan
Level 4
Certified

Check TCP/UDP offload settings, NIC card full/Half duplex settings and also is there any packet drops in swithc side.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

From the logs this has two issues which may be related and one that may actually be the cause

1. Is It is an incremental backup - have you run a full backup?

2. Does It use BLIB - does the client etc. support using BLIB? (vmx-07 hardware version, etc)

3. Seems to fail after 5 minutes - increase the client read timeout on your media servers to a higher value (1800 is usually good) to give it time to process everything

Hope this helps

NBU35
Level 6

Hi

yes, this is the incremental backup, i have fired full backup now, will post about it , when it will complete.

Please let me know about BLIB, also tell me how to check it ..

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Check its policy to see if you have selected to use Block Level Incremental Backups - this is the first checkbox under Snapshot Options on the Policy Attributes tab

If you have then the client will need to be a VMWare hardware version of 7 (vmx-07). Go to vCenter, find the client and take a look at its properties - it should tell you there which hardware version it is

Hope this helps

NBU35
Level 6

Thanks Mark for providing such a detailed info and info provided by u also helped me to resolve the issue..