cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Client Character Set" in bpimagelist

dukbtr
Level 4

What is "Client Character Set" in bpimagelist?

I created an OpsCenter SQL report that shows me all the images that were NOT duplicated for the previous week.  I have a few images every week that keep showing up even though I know they were duped and bpimagelist shows they were.  The only difference from images that show up as NOT dupe and ones that show correctly is a field in bpimagelist called "Client Character Set".

The images that show up but shouldn't, have this field marked as "1"

Example:   Client Character Set:     1

The images that do not show up, working as intended have the field marked with a "12"

Example:   Client Character Set:     12

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't find anything on what this is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This TechNote:

DOCUMENTATION: What are the different fields in "bpimagelist -l" output?
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH5584

says that Client Character Set is "Integer representation of the charset used when the client calls bpcd."  Well, that's super helpful!

1 corresponds to "UTF-8..." that much I figured out.

12 is....something that isn't UTF-8.  :)  Again, super helpful, I am!

Let's try to figure it out from your side instead.  What's the Operating System and LOCALE setting of the machines owning those particular images?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This TechNote:

DOCUMENTATION: What are the different fields in "bpimagelist -l" output?
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH5584

says that Client Character Set is "Integer representation of the charset used when the client calls bpcd."  Well, that's super helpful!

1 corresponds to "UTF-8..." that much I figured out.

12 is....something that isn't UTF-8.  :)  Again, super helpful, I am!

Let's try to figure it out from your side instead.  What's the Operating System and LOCALE setting of the machines owning those particular images?

dukbtr
Level 4

That is the mysterious part.  The majority are all from the same client, Red Hat Linux.  It seems to be random, because some dates for dupes work correctly and don't show up, others do show up.  All backups done around same time.  The duplication is done through Vault so all the images get duped around same timeframe.