cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any date fo 7.0.1 GA?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I really need to upgraded but with 7.0 I have at least 9 patches I have to install
Cannot do 7.0.1 FA
So really looking to see if there is a date for 7.0.1 GA  - if not soon I will have to do 7.0 with patches
12 REPLIES 12

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I'm not sure I understand your question.  You wouldn't be able to directly go to 7.0.1 anyway, as it's a release update.  The only way to get to 7.0.1 is by applying it on top of 7.0.

brandonn
Level 4

I installed the 7.0.1 FA update without any problems. Might want to give it a shot.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Yes I want 7.0 with 7.0.1  - that way only one patch ( all of them) and not doing 9+ patches

So any date with 7.0.1 will be out ( it is my understanding that FA is a test version not the final release of it)

saransoftware
Level 2
Hi - I was upgraded netbackup 6.5 to 7.0 ; But, I haven't installed any patchs ( as per your words ,9+ Patchs).

Give some more details, If I missed then, will go ached to install it ).

But, As of no failurs ; Environment running fine with Vault.

Saransoftware@gmail.com

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Late breaking news for 7.0
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/341271.htm

of all the patches listed my current count is now up to 10 that I HAVE to install because it would be a problem for my enviroment.

So just doing 7.0.1 would make my life easier

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

FA is not a test, it's a GA limited to registered customers/partners.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I've heard end of August... Obviously no guarantees. Let's hope 1st week Sept.....

Just to confirm Marek's post - extract from  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/356785.htm:

IS THIS AN ALPHA OR BETA PROGRAM?
No.  First Availability software is production ready GA software that has passed stringent Symantec release and quality criteria.   This is not an Alpha or Beta program and we encourage and fully support FA code in production environments.  The First Availability program provides GA quality software to you as soon as it becomes available.

What is the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIRST AVAILABILTY AND GENERAL AVAILABILITY?
The First Availability program allows customer access to software at the same time that it is ready to begin the GA hosting process.  The software will be available via FileConnect/DVD Media, this will be the same version you receive through the First Availability program and no further upgrade or action is necessary.

WHEN DOES THE FIRST AVAILABILITY PROGRAM END?
NetBackup FA code is fully supported through support. Once the GA posting is complete on the Symantec web-site.....

jc23
Level 3
Where is this download, Im registered with the FA program but cannot find it?

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
symbeta.symantec.com

jc23
Level 3
I looked in there under the NB 7.0.1 catagory and see nothing am i missing something ?

djlaube
Level 3
Partner
I had the same problem.. send an email to the contact email when you first log into Symbeta and they'll fix it..

jc23
Level 3
Ok thanks I just sent the email, how long did it take them to fix it for you?