cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpstart_notify in Netbackup 7.6

Braker19
Level 3

We have used bpstart_notify.bat to execute scripts when netbackup 7.5 launches.  We just did a clean install on a server using Netbackup 7.6, the next day all the printers are GONE!  I looked at the bpstart_notify.bat file that was installed with NB 7.6 (location: c:\program files\vertias\netbackup\bin) and I found a couple odd things that were not REMed out.  Such as:

C:\Windows\system32\powercfg.exe /setactive

and

@REM ********************************************************************
@REM The following section backs up the servers printers to C:\PRINTERS
@REM --------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo full backup started on %1 using policy %2 with schedule %3 and status %5, bpres = %6 >> bin\BP_RES.txt

del /f /q c:\printers\*.*
MD C:\PRINTERS
c:\Windows\System32\spool\tools\printbrm.exe -S \\%1 -B -F c:\printers\%1_printers.printerExport
@REM ********************************************************************

@echo 0 >> %6
@GOTO :EOF
@REM exit 0

is this something that is standard with all 7.6 installations, why did it delete all the printers, it doesn't delete them everytime but it did once?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you saying that the NBU 7.6 installation deleted your printers?!  surprise

That bpstart_notify is not a standard NBU script. Someone has created it and copied it to netbackup\bin folder.

I have attached the default bpstart_notify.bat that comes with NBU installation on a server in the goodies directory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Braker19
Level 3

I was just told by someone within my company that this was a feature we configured for our installation package works good when it doesn't delete your printers.

Braker19
Level 3

creates a backup of your server printers using the windows migration tool

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

When you set up 7.6, did you also modify the script from the default?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you saying that the NBU 7.6 installation deleted your printers?!  surprise

That bpstart_notify is not a standard NBU script. Someone has created it and copied it to netbackup\bin folder.

I have attached the default bpstart_notify.bat that comes with NBU installation on a server in the goodies directory.