Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check capacity of tapes in NBU 7.0

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I am using NBU 7.0

How do i know/check that my tapes in my volume pool  is FULL.

I have 500GB and 1.6TB tapes in my robot library that are in various volume pools. What is the best way to check if they are Full or the actual size remaining. 

Normally i look at the sizes in Kilobytes from tape list under Report, then do the conversion to either GB or TB.

Is there not a simple way on the console where i can see if my tape is full or about to get full.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

e.g. bpmedialist -m <media_id>

Output has status (e.g. FULL if media is full!) as well as number of kb written.

Unfortunately no way to find out how much data required to fill a tape - it depends upon the type of data & subsequently the amount of compression that can be achieved, if any. e.g. we have LTO3 tapes that are recorded as being FULL at anywhere from <400Gb to more than 1Tb (advertised 400/800Gb).

Other than that the simplest way would be to look in the GUI under the "Media Status" and "Kilobytes" columns within Media & Device Management/Media

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

e.g. bpmedialist -m <media_id>

Output has status (e.g. FULL if media is full!) as well as number of kb written.

Unfortunately no way to find out how much data required to fill a tape - it depends upon the type of data & subsequently the amount of compression that can be achieved, if any. e.g. we have LTO3 tapes that are recorded as being FULL at anywhere from <400Gb to more than 1Tb (advertised 400/800Gb).

Other than that the simplest way would be to look in the GUI under the "Media Status" and "Kilobytes" columns within Media & Device Management/Media

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Or do you still require more info?

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks andy the info is ok. Have a nice day.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

PLEASE mark Solution!!