cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config duplication for Data Domain storage servers

X_S
Level 4

Hi,

i have two DD appliances set up and i would like to configure opt-dup using NB slps.  one of the appliances is already configured as a backup Storage Server target connected to our backup network (example name "bu-192net").  this same appliance also has nics configured to our prod network (repl-prod-target).  I would like this appliance to also be the target of duplication from our second appliance that only has connections to our prod network (repl-prod-source).

target:

1. bu-192net (DD ifgroup configured with 2 interfaces on backup network)

2. repl-prod-target (one prod network connection)

Source:

1. repl-prod-source

i already have target "bu-192net" configured in NB as a storage_server.  i imagine having to create a second storage server for "repl-prod-target" so i can configure an SLP to duplicate to this storage server.  however, as soon as i create the disk pool for the replication LSU, NB downs the disk and the "repl-prod-target" and i receive errors 213 or 2074.  I found that if i disable the ifgroup for the target appliance, both storage servers configured for this appliance stays online and opt-dupe works fine.  can someone tell me if this would be the correct setup?  thanks.

0 REPLIES 0