cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange 2010 Last full backup field incorrect

iannew
Level 2

Hi

I have a number of exchange 2010 databases clustered in a DAG and using netbackup 7.5 to back up the passive copies and VSS. The server is exchange 2010 / windows 2008 r2

I have noticed some of the exchange database (on the properties of databases in exchange console) shows last full backup few weeks old but netbackup has a more recent date of full back completion. After resorting the most recent full backup of a database (where netbackup full backup is newer than that stated on exchange last full backup field"  i found it does work and netbackup is correct and exchange las full backup field  is not.

This is inconsisent there are days when full backups work for a particular database where  netbackup and exchange database last full backup property match dates and some days they dont.

What i would like to know as i beleive backups are working

1. Has any one come across this process.

2. Does any one know what high level backup process for an exchange 2010 database includes e.g. what are the processes sending to VSS/exchange/netbackup that backups have been completed so that the exchange field last fullbackup knows its finished.

Ian

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Backup Exec 7.5?  Do you mean NetBackup 7.5?  If it is NetBackup, go ahead and post this in the NetBackup forum.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/netbackup

iannew
Level 2

Hi thanks netbackup is correct i have moved this now

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Are you checking only the 'lastfullbackup' date?  Maybe you have differential backups running?

See if this helps:

http://exchangeserverpro.com/powershell-script-check-exchange-2010-database-backups/

iannew
Level 2

I am also checking the differenial dates they seem to work without any issue, its just the last full backup field that is incorrect, we have 1 full and 4 differential a week. If i look in exchange for example it will show a database 13/3/15 if i look in netbackup for restore there will be 2 databases 13/3/15 and 20/7/15.