cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting rid of double drives

jojola
Level 2

I'm running NB 7.1 in production and DR environments.

In the DR environment the switch everything was plugged into had to be replaced.  Knowing the device paths would change I went into the GUI and deleted all the drives and robots. The the switch was replaced and zoning reconfigured.   I can see the drives at the OS level on the media servers.  But when I do a discovery from the GUI I see double the number of drives and robots.

After I ran a tpautoconf -t on the media server sure enough there are double the drives.  How do I get rid of the double drives? And what did I not do originally when I deleted the drives/robots to fully get rid of them out of the db?

Thanks for any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dip
Level 4

Windows 2003 requires a reboot to clear old drives definations from Registry. If you have installed Symantec Device Driver then you might need to run that after reboot, if there are changes then it will instruct you to reboot again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

1 - you don't say what OS the media server is that is showing double paths.

2- you removed the drives from NB but did you delete the drives from the media server os, and redo the config to find the new drives - or did you just tell it to find the new drives?

jojola
Level 2

Sorry about that,  the media servers are Windows 2003, master is HP-UX 11.31. 

I removed the drives from NB, did not remove them from the media servers OS (do not know how to do that).  Once the old switch was unplugged the drives went away from the OS.   New switch in place I did a rescan in device manager and it saw the new drives, then I installed the drivers. 

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

did you bounce the Device Management Service?

jojola
Level 2

Yes.  After I removed all the drives from each windows media server and robot I bounced the Device Management Service.

Dip
Level 4

Windows 2003 requires a reboot to clear old drives definations from Registry. If you have installed Symantec Device Driver then you might need to run that after reboot, if there are changes then it will instruct you to reboot again.

jojola
Level 2

That did it.  Although I know I had rebooted the servers but not twice and that apparently was the trick.    Thanks.